Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RRRGH

So, my college is apparently run by fuckups! YAY!

On SATURDAY I got a letter telling me they changed my tuition payment thing from $911.86 to $3,586.86. Apparently, one of my teachers "forgot" to put in attendance verification for ANY of her students, which caused a hold to be placed on my financial aid. In ADDITION to this, apparently my financial aid was supposed to be sent to me in a CHECK after they took a $1,300 payment... when I was told I only needed to pay a total of $1,367.80. I have, BARELY, enough to cover the next $1,200+ payment.

But they're saying I will STILL owe another payment of an amount they can't clearly quote me. I'm currently unemployed and, if I get the job I'm hoping to, will be getting around $7.50/hour. I'm only promised 4 hours a week. IF. I get the job.

... Is there anyone out there that's good with this? If so, what can I do? There's no way for me to come up with the money they want - I'm going to turn 20 the 25th, this is my first loan, and I really need help here. I don't want to spend the next ten years working this off my credit report.

No comments:

Post a Comment